Sunday, July 20, 2008
Thank you rules the day...all of you have made me not only feel 'beautiful' but embraced me in the blogger community. I did something that was simple in nature but terrifying in reality. I 'outed' myself on blogger. I had been getting tons of emails to reveal myself, which took time on my part. Then one night, all alone and feeling silly. I grabbed my trusty digital camera and set out to my master bathroom, which had the best lighting and the biggest mirror. And there I sat for an hour posing and shooting! Several (thousand...lol) shots later I felt I had some that would be fun and have the artsy feel I was striving for.
I then posted and then held my breath...and then 70 something comments later, I breathed easy. Nothing but love from the comments. Comments that brought tears to my eyes because they were so sweet and kind. And virtually all from strangers. I love blogging, each of your blogs has carried me to wondrous and well traveled paths. I have enjoyed learning about each of you. I have experienced the gamut of emotions on all the blogs I have visited. You name it, I have experienced it!
To my blogger family...I humbly thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thanks for making this one of the best experiences here on blogger!
And the LOVE Keeps Coming!
Terri over at Lakewood Manor and Lisa over at LisaLaughs have each given me an award! And it happens to be the same award! I am very honored to have this bestowed on me.
Terri is a truly inspiring woman to me. We have known each other online for a while now. We have shared alot of experiences together. Her father and I had Thyroid Cancer at the same time. And Unfortunately, that great man lost his life to the disease. Through my tough times with the disease she was a ray of sunshine and she gave so much of herself to me! I love you, Terri! Thanks for always being there for me!
Lisa is an incredibly talented artist in my book! She is amazing in the scrap booking and anything with paper world! Lisa and I have been in some swaps together and have come to enjoy our swaps together. I have learned a many things from this highly talented woman. Thanks for always being so lovely to me!
Here are the rules for the award:
The rules for receiving this award are:
1) Put the logo on your blog
2) Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4) Add links to those blogs on yours.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.
Here are the 7 people I nominate. All 7 are incredible in so many ways. I love their blogs and visit daily. Each one is so very different. And each brings something to the table. I love reading their tales and get so wrapped up in their posts. From creating art,to unraveling a mystery, to discovering one's journey, to wittiness. I have a huge blog role list, and if I could I have have put ALL of you. I think each of your blogs are incredible. To the 7 that were picked...thank you for blogs and thanks for sharing a peek into your worlds. I for one, have thoroughly enjoyed my journey to your blogs.
1. CSI Seattle - Fantastic man, friend, incredible writer, father,husband,teacher, and has a love for all that is CSI!
2. FarieBees - She has a knack for making her garden lush and inviting to all...people and little critters alike. She is an incredible thrift er and then turns around and makes something magical out of her find!
3. Lattes and Rainy Days - a new blogger friend to me, but have come to find that her and I have so much in common. Kirsten takes beautiful photos and her words haunt me. There is a ribbon of commonality between us.
4. Randy's Creative Hands - New to the blogging world. When Randy and I first meet, it was like meeting an old, lost friend. He is a gentle soul and has a god given talent. Randy is an incredible artist, he does wood crafting/arts. His skills are fine tuned and he has a quite the following in Arizona. Slowly but surely, I think Randy will find that his art will be making it's debut coast to coast.
5. The Old Professor/Paulz Blog - Some of you have been introduced to this wry and witty man. Paul has on a many occasion made me spit coffee onto my monitor while reading one of his witty posts. His posts have become a highlight in my day. I promise Paul will not disappoint. He is a very wise, wise Professor!
6. The Weather in the Streets - This woman is incredibly inspiring to me. Leah's writing is impeccable and her words are beautiful. I love her descriptions of events that have taken place. Leah is an incredible writer, mother, wife and most importantly, friend! This blog will not only have you laughing but will make you THINK!
7. Rose Cottage Studio - Last but certainly not least! This woman is beyond incredible. I have come to love my friendship with Suzanne. She is highly motivating and has a incredible heart of GOLD! Suze is selfless and loves everything...from animals to humans. I love her strength and her fire in her words. She is passion at its best! Promise you too will love her as much as I do!
So, my incredible friends please take the time and enjoy these wonderful blogs. Stop by and tell them 'Robyn' sent ya! You will not be disappointed.
With much love,
Posted by Robyn Haas at 11:36 PM